Monday, April 5, 2010

Makenna Was Sick

Makenna woke up at 1:30am Sunday morning vomiting. We had to give her a bath and strip her bed. We padded our bed with tons of towels and put her in bed with us. She continued to vomit about every 20-30 mins until 5am. She fell asleep for about 2 hours and then woke up vomiting again. The next several hours were more of the same except that now she was just vomiting bile and she was choking on it. It was kind of scary for mommy and daddy. It made her very very mad!! After she would quit vomiting she would scream her head off!! She absolutely hates to vomit. She would rather be any other kind of sick but that. The next morning I had an entire washer full of towels and clothes to wash, that's how much she vomited through the night and day. I had to work Easter night (no I don't work nights but that's a story for another day. Needless to say I wasn't happy about it). So she took a nap with me in the afternoon and she slept good. Then she threw up a few more times but when I left for work she started feeling a little bit better. What was making me nervous was that she had only peed one time in 24 hours. For those of you who don't know that means you are getting very dehydrated. Little ones don't tolerate that well. Her daddy fed her some toast and powerade. She went to bed and slept with her daddy and he said she slept all night. She spent the day today with her Grandma and Grandpa so I could sleep and she did good. No more vomiting so far. I had them feed her a bland diet so she hopefully wouldn't vomit. I feed her a little bit when she got home and she is asleep in our bed right now. We wanted her to sleep with us one more night cause I was afraid she would vomit and choke. Hopefully she sleeps good and she doesn't get sick anymore. I hate it when she is sick. I feel so sorry for her. She looks so miserable and I hate it that I can't help her. I hope she is over it. She is still feeling a little puny but hopefully no more vomiting.

1 comment:

Iris said...

oh no! it's going around. one of my students had itlast wed, my nephew (a couple months older than makenna) had it this weekend, he gave it to his grandpa and mom, and another student in my class had it this weekend! i hope she's feeling better!