Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Houston, We Have A Tooth!

Makenna has had a spot on her bottom gums for the past few weeks that felt like she was going to get a tooth. DJ's mom kept her on Monday and when she brought her home she told me Makenna's tooth had broken through. I felt it and there it was!!! A tooth!!! Wow!! I can't believe she's old enough to have a tooth. I know most babies have several teeth by the time they are here age, but I still can't believe it. I have been anticipating/dreading this day for several months. I know from my friend Alison that breastfeeding a baby with teeth can be very painful. So I'm not exactly excited about this but at the same time I knew this day would come. I keep feeling her gums to make sure it is real. So, another mileston in her life has passed. Sad and happy at the same time. That seems to be my feelings about everything in her life. Sad and happy at the same time. On a more crappy note, I have sick since Saturday. Not just sick, I mean seriously sick!! Like someone please put me out of my misery kind of sick. I have had to call in to work the last two days. Anyone who knows me knows I must be really sick because I don't call in to work very often. I am feeling better today except for one thing, my congestion. That is gettting worse by the minute. I'm not just talking about congestion. I'm talking about the snot runny out of my nose because I can't even sniff it up (sorry for the gross description). Even nose spray doesn't work. So enough about my crappy stuffy nose. A tooth, I just can't believe it.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Caleb didn't hurt me until he had them on top and bottom so maybe you still have some time....it was never on purpose and he ended crying more than me when I screamed!!! :) Yeah for Makenna!!!!