Sunday, September 13, 2009

Painted Bedroom

DJ and I have been talking about painting our bedroom ever since we moved into our house 2 years ago. We had a very good idea of what color we wanted, a little lighter than chocolate brown. We bought a comforter that we thought would go well with that kind of color a few months ago. I'm not very motivated to do things so DJ kept saying that we needed to paint our room. So we finally set a date when I was going to be off for the weekend but it ended up not working out because I worked Friday and I was just too tired to go get the stuff. So we rescheduled for this past weekend. We went and bought everything we needed to paint over the last week. Friday night DJ taped and caulked the room and we moved the furniture to the middle of the room and moved everything else out (thanks Whitney for your help!). Then we put most of the plastic down. Then we woke up Saturday morning and put the rest of the plastic over the furniture. Then we started painting. DJ painted two walls while I took care of Makenna. Then when she took a nap I painted the other two walls while he painted the trim on the ones he had already painted. I have never painted before so he had to show me what to do. It was a little challenging at first but then I got the hang of it and it was fun. We had music playing and I was painting and dancing at the same time and it was a blast! Hard work but very fun. Then DJ had to go mow so I took care of Makenna while DJ and Greg mowed for several hours. Then when he got back I painted to second coat on two walls and then while I took a shower he painted the second coat on the other two walls. We did it this way because I put a much thicker coat on the walls than he does so we made sure each of us did one coat on each wall. Then we went to Greg and Jessica's house for a cookout. Talk about one full day!!! We were very tired. When we got home last night we pulled the tape off and took off the plastic. This morning we went to church and tonight DJ did some touch up and we moved all the furniture back. It looks awesome!!!!! It is amazing!!! It makes the room look totally different. We love it!!! So here are the pictures of our new and improved bedroom. I think we did an awesome job. Well DJ did most of the work and I just helped but that seems to be the story of most things in my life! :)

Before Pictures (with a messy bed!):




After Pictures (the color looks darker in real life):


I tried to show the color of the walls.




1 comment:

babibootiful said...

Cristi, the room looks great!
I love the colour of the walls.

The doona/quilt cover looks great too (and your bed is gorgeous).