Saturday, November 21, 2009

Florida Trip October 2009

Makenna and I went to visit my mom in October. DJ stayed home because he had to work. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at her house in Ocala for a few days and then we went and stayed at the beach for several days. As usual the time was wonderful but way too short. The week before we came the temperatures were in the 100's which is unusually warm for that time of year in Florida. I was so excited about this because that is when we were having a major cold snap and it was freezing here. But of course the week we came it was a different story. The first few days were very warm and wonderful. But the first two days we were at the beach it was very chilly. In the low 60's during the day and in the 40's and 30's at night. They even set a record low that had stood since the 1920's. Lucky us! And of course I had only brought one pair of jeans for me and Makenna and all summer clothes becasue I thought it was going to be super hot. So we had to wear the same things for a few days. Now that I just typed that, it seems so silly to say because its not like wearing the same clothes is going to kill you. I'm so spoiled. Anyway, back to our trip. It was still great to spend time with my mom and grandma and we even got to see most of Sheila's family. Overall we had a wonderful time. I look forward to making that October trip to Florida a yearly tradition for Makenna and I. Of course I forgot to emtpy the memory card on my computer before we went so the second day we were there I took about 3 picures and my card was full. But my mom took lots and she emailed me some. So here are a few of the pics from our wonderful vacation.



Sleepy baby


Walking the beach


She got sand and salt water in her face!


She absolutely LOVED playing in the sand!!!! She had a great time!!!!



Makenna and Nana


She became obsessed with her sunglasses when we were there. She wore them constantly!

This was one of the days it was cold. It was sooo windy on the beach.







She has the craziest morning hair! I wonder where she gets that from?!


She loved sitting in Nana's refrigerator.

Makenna and Mamaw.


Makenna and Neil (Mamaw's fiance)

No comments: