Friday, October 24, 2008

My Favorite Part of Being a Mom

So I know a lot of people are going to think this is weird, but my favorite part of being a mom is breastfeeding. Since I love it so much and it is a great passion of mine I thought I would post about it. I love that it is very good for my daughter and gives her lots of immunities along with an numerable amount of other great things. But my favorite part about it is the time we get to spend together. It creates an amazing bond between me and Makenna, one I can't even fully describe. I love when we snuggle in bed in the morning for her early feeding and at night in the rocker before she goes to bed. I love how cute she looks when she eats. I love how when I think she is asleep I try to pull away and she starts sucking frantically as if so say "please don't take it away." I love how it always calms her. I love how she opens her mouth and makes funny sounds when she is getting ready to latch on. I love it when I feel my milk let down and I hear her gulping. These are just a few of the things that I love about nursing. I could go on and on. I know a lot of people are going to think this post is strange but oh well. Makenna is seven months old and I plan on breastfeeding her until she is a year old. I still have several months until I begin weaning her but I already have anxiety about it. I think it is going to be harder for me than it is for her. I'm not sure who is going to miss it more, me or Makenna.

No comments: