Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Trip to Florida

Makenna and I just got back from visiting my mom in Florida. We were there for seven days. We had a great time!!!!!! It was Makenna's first time on an airplane and my first time to travel with her. It went a lot better than I expected. I was amazed at how much stuff I had to pack. Traveling with a baby is a huge undertaking. Going through security is very challenging. I had to take her out of the stroller and put the stroller through the xray machine (along with my shows and bags). Needless to say I had to ask for some help to get this done. Makenna was wonderful on the plane. I nursed her while we were taking off and her ears didn't seem to bother her at all. Someone told me nursing during takeoff and landing would help with their ears. She didn't even seem to notice when we were landing. My ears popped a lot but it didn't seem to notice her. She did played during the first flight on the way there and then she slept during the second flight. She did the same thing on the way back. While in Fl we stayed at my mom's in Ocala for a few days and did some shopping and running around. Then we went to the beach for four days!!! It was beautiful!! We took Makenna to the beach for the first time and she loved the sand but hated the water. She cried when we put her feet in the water. She loved playing in the sand and loved to eat it. She got mad at me when I wouldn't let her put the sand in her mouth. My mom took some wonderful pictures. My mom also had a surprise birthday party for me. It was so much fun. Kassie's mom and sisters and their kids were all there along with Aunt Debbie, Karla, and Mamaw. We had a great time. I got some great gifts and so did Makenna. I will post some of the pictures from our trip soon. While we were in FL Makenna discovered her voice and a new face. She had talked some, off and on, before we left. However, when we got to FL she talked from the time she got up until the time she went to sleep the whole time we were there. Today was our first day home and she talked pretty much all day today. She has also started making a new face that is hilarious and so cute. I will put some pictures up so you can see. She has also gotten very wiggly when you hold her. She is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Jaq said...

Cristi-

I have not had the privilegde of meeting Makenna yet but she looks like a beautiful, animated little person! Congrats to you & D.J. again for your Gorgeous little girl!