Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Real Day

Tomorrow I start my first real day of work. Last week I was just in class all week but tomorrow I will meet my new preceptor and I will be on the floor. I will get to see part of what my real job will be like. I'm very anxious and excited. I have a lot to learn. I hope I like my new preceptor and she likes me. I hope that my coworkers think I'm a valuable addition to the team. I guess I will soon find out. I have to be there at 6:30 in the morning so I have to get up at 4:15 which is about an hour earlier than I had to get up last week. Now I know you might be thinking that is so early but I'm not primping that whole time. It takes me about an hour to get ready, fix my lunch, etc, then I have to feed Makenna. Sometimes it only takes her 10 min but sometimes it takes her close to 30 min so I have to allow enough time so I'm not late on my first day. I also haven't worked 12 hours in about 2 weeks so I'm sure I'll be tired. I work Mon and Tues this week. Then this weekend is my preceptors weekend to work so I work Sat, Sun, Mon this weekend. I can't wait to get into the flow of things and now what I'm doing. I hate being new and not know what is going on. I like to be good at my job so I'm ready for that to happen. I know that sounds silly because I haven't even started yet but I just feel uncomfortable not knowing exactly what I'm doing. I hope I catch on quickly. I also hope Makenna does better this week. She wouldn't take her bottle last week and because she didn't have much liquid she is very constipated now. I have given her several suppositories with very little results. I feel bad for her and hope that she drinks her bottle this week. At least I only work Mon and Tues so she won't have to go 5 days like she did last week. I also really missed spending time with her. I feel like I've hardly seen her lately. Starting this week that should be much better cause I will only work 3 days a week. Hopefully her constipation will get better soon. I work Mon and Tues so I probably won't post about my days until Wed afternoon or night. When I work back to back days I will just come home and go straight to sleep. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: