Friday, January 9, 2009

First Week

I just finished my first week of my new job. It was just hospital and nursing orientation so it was just class. I didn't get to be on the floor or really see how my job is going to be. I start on the floor on Monday. I'm very excited and also nervous. This week was long and tiresome. I had to get up between 5:00 and 5:30 every morning and then I had class all day. Some of it was boring but some of it was very informative. I hated being away from Makenna so much. I really missed her. She decided that she didn't want to drink her bottles while I was gone this week. Yesterday from 7:00 - 4:30 and she only took 2 ounces. She is eating her solid foods well so at least she is eating something. But now she is constipated from eating so much solid foods and not having any liquids. She is still nursing fine though which is good. Today we had her Mimi feed her prunes and then tonight I fed her another thing of prunes so hopefully pretty soon she won't be constipated. I don't have to work until Monday so she will get to nurse all weekend so hopefully that will help too. I hope she missed me as much as I missed her.

3 comments:

sdhorton said...

Nash did the same thing when I went to work. He totally refused the bottle and before was taking it fine. It was rough. I was afraid he was starving. To get some in him we gave it by spoon and he would take it that way. This went on for quite a while until he finally gave in and took the bottle. You might try a cup too. Now that she is big enough to start trying it. Nash liked it.

Cristi Walker said...

We tried the cup but she doesn't like it. She loves to chew on the spout but when you tip it up so she can drink out of it it makes her mad. Hopefully she will give in soon and just take it.

sdhorton said...

If it continues try the spoon or medicine dropper. Both of those worked for us. She will finally give it but Nash was stubborn and it took a while for him to give in and I was super worried about it at work all day.