Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bad Night

For the past week Makenna hasn't been sleeping as much as usual. She has been waking up 2-3 times a night. Normally she will go to bed around 8:30-9:30 and sleep until 5:00-6:30 then go back to sleep and get up around 8:30-9:30. But that hasn't been the case for the past week or so. Last night was the worst. Yesterday she was very clingy and wouldn't let me put her down. She got up early and wouldn't take a nap until later in the afternoon. She wouldn't let me put her in her jumperoo or on the floor, she just wanted to be held. DJ put her to bed last night about 9:30. She slept for about 20 minutes and then started fussing. I tried to give her her pacifier but she kept crying so I rocked her until she fell asleep. She woke up several more times over the next hour. She was so wiggly and wouldn't be still so I thought maybe she was tired of being swaddled. So I unswaddled her and nursed her again. She fell asleep and I tried to put her down. She started crying so I rocked her again until she fell asleep. She just wouldn't quit waving her arms and kicking her legs. So I swaddled her and laid her down. She started crying 10 min later. I decided to let her cry for a few minutes because I didn't know what else to do. That was a huge mistake. She started out fussing but by the time I got to her she was hysterical. I brought her into bed with me and it took me about 20 min to get her calmed down. We won't be doing that anymore. I laid her down next to me and held her tightly and rocked her. After about 30 min she finally quit wiggling and fell asleep. She fell asleep about 1:00am. She woke up at 6:30. I fed her and DJ swaddled her and I put her in her bed. Thankfully she slept in her bed until 9:30am. Needless to say I'm tired today. Hopefully she will be better tonight or I can figure out what is wrong with her and fix it so we can all sleep tonight.

No comments: