Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rough Night

We had a rough night last night. The suctioning and nose drops and benadryl were not working and she got so congested that she couldn't eat and I tried suctioning her but it didn't work. She ate at 3:30 in the afternoon and by 7:30 she still couldn't eat again. DJ was also still feeling very bad so he went to bed at 8:00. I gave Makenna and bath and put her to bed because she was so fussy and she couldn't eat so I didn't know what else to do. She woke up an hour later and didn't act tired so I got her up and let her play for a while. She started getting fussy and so I tried to nurse her again and all she would do is open her mouth and scream. So I tried putting her to bed again with no luck. So I brought her into bed with me. For the next several hours she slept in about 20 min increments and then she would wake up crying. By 1:00am I didn't know what to do. DJ suggested that I feed her oatmeal and breastmilk just to get something in her stomach because she was starving!! What an ingenious idea!! She scarfed it down. I tried suctioning her again and I got some good results this time. I put Vicks on her chest and neck, swaddled her and by the grace of God she went to sleep in her bed at 2:30. She slept until 6:30 this morning. When she woke up I put some Neosinephrine in her nose and it cleared her congestion enough that she was able to eat this morning! Thank the Lord! I put her back down and she slept until 10:00. I tried to feed her when she woke up at 10:00 but she just started screaming again. Her congestion was back with a vengeance. So I fed her some oatmeal and prunes because she was so hungry and I gave her prunes because I'm afraid she was going to get constipated from all the oatmeal. So, that was our challenging night. We go to the doctor at 1:50 this afternoon. Maybe they will be able to help because I have no more tricks up my sleeve.

1 comment:

sdhorton said...

Sounds like going to the doctor is a good idea. That sounds rough! With her wieght issuues, I would be scared for her to go without eating for very long. Hope the doctor gives you some good advice or drugs!!