Friday, December 12, 2008

HELP!!

So, I know a lot of my recent posts have been about Makenna not sleeping, but that is because MAKENNA IS NOT SLEEPING! She was waking up every 3-4 hours for the past few weeks but this week she is waking up every 1.5-3 hours. Let me rephrase that. She is eating every 1.5-3 hours which means she is only sleeping 1-2.5 hours at a time. Let me give you an example from the other night. She went to bed at 8:30 then woke up at 11:00 then 12:30 then 2:00 then 5:00 then 7:00 then 10:30. Needless to say I'm tired. It's getting worse instead of getting better. I have tried just giving her a pacifier or having DJ reswaddle her but that just makes her go ballistic! When she wakes up she wants to nurse, that is the only thing that makes her go back to sleep. I don't mind nursing her, I love that, I just hate waking up all the time. My husband functions well without much sleep, but I on the other hand do not. We have tried everything but nothing has worked. Here are some of the things we have tried. I thought maybe she wasn't getting enough milk so I started taking Reglan to increase my milk supply. That didn't work. So we moved her dinner time back to 7:00 so she was eating solids with oatmeal at 7:00 to hopefully keep her fuller longer. No luck. She has slept swaddled since she was born and every time she woke up she was unswaddled so we switched to a bigger blanket, no luck. So then I thought maybe she was growing out of the swaddle so we tried putting her down without the swaddle, no luck. Then I thought maybe she was overtired at night so I started putting her down for a late afternoon nap in addition to her morning nap, no luck. So then I quit letting her take an afternoon nap, no luck. The only thing we haven't tried is letting her just cry herself to sleep. So, we are trying that now. She is crying her eyes out as I type this. I'm not a fan of the crying it out method, in fact I'm usually against it. But I'm out of answers, I don't know what else to do. This has been going on for weeks. And it's not like she is a newborn, that would be totally different. She is 9 months old tomorrow. She just stopped crying so we'll see how long it will last. So, I'm asking for everyone and anyone's help. Ask your neighbors, experts, friends, family members, I don't care who, I would jut like some help. It may not work but right now I'm totally at my wits end.

No comments: