Saturday, December 13, 2008

YEAH!!

So, last night we put Makenna down at about 8:45. She would only sleep for about 5 minutes and then wake up. This went on for about 30 min. DJ and I tried everything we knew to do and it didn't work so we ended up letting her cry. She cried for about 15 min and then she fell asleep. She woke up at 11:00 and so I decided to put her in bed with us and see if that made her sleep better. She slept from 11:00 to 5:45 this morning!!!!! WOW!! I know people say not to let your children sleep with you but that was the firs decent nights sleep I've had in 6 weeks so I don't care. She slept great. I woke up several times to check on her and she was snoozing away. I still woke up a lot because I wasn't used to her sleeping with us but most of the time I was able to fall back asleep easily. Her little noises she makes when she is sleeping are so cute! I just laid there and listened to her and DJ sleep. It was a beautiful sound. So, for now until we can figure out what else to do Makenna is going to sleep with us. No matter what other people say, we need to sleep.

2 comments:

sdhorton said...

Glad you got some sleep. I have not really had Nash in the bed with us. I don't sleep well when he is in there unless it is for a nap because I am afraid I will roll on him and I am too aware he is in there that I don't sleep good. My friend swears by the crying it out method. We have not really had to do it. I have just gone in there and patted him and given him his paci if he woke up and he went back to sleep. When he was younger he slept in his swing a lot. I don't have any good advice, sorry. I got the christmas card today and it is really cute.

Jaq said...

Cristi-
I asked my friend Kelly- who has little Will who is 22 months old. I asked her how old he was when he started sleeping the night- and told her about your dilema.

Long story short she loves her pediatrician and he recommended that any healthy baby after 6 months old should be able to sleep the night.

He has a 3 night method which she used and it only took 2 nights. It is not fun to listen to your baby cry I am sure- but Kelly recommended you at least try it- if after three night Makenna is still crying then you'll know something else is up.

Will only took 2 nights. 1st night he cried a long time but by second night he knew that his parents where not going to cave and so he went to sleep w/in 5 mins.

I can tell by your postings how much you love Makenna- but you can't keep going w/out sleep girl!

Good luck!